About the Beginners Photography Courses
My beginners photography courses are the best first step to gaining camera confidence. Especially if you always use your camera on ‘auto’ and want to push yourself to control your camera and create beautifully strong images.
Create visually strong photos as the course progresses with tips and advice on different aspects of creative photography. Covering all the technical and creative basics you will need to start confidently using your camera on manual. The Beginners Photography Courses usually run over five mornings or evenings and a Saturday morning location walk, giving you the opportunity to visit a beautiful Kent location to practice your skills at the end of the course.
Taught from a new creative venue in the centre of Faversham, each week, time will be spent inside and/or outside, therefore, giving you a great opportunity to spend time photographing in an inspiring location.
A creative project will be running throughout the duration, giving you focus and direction as you learn your new skills. Learning with a like minded group in a relaxed and fun environment.
Beginners Photography Course Key Study Topics: ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Field of View, Depth of Field, Focal Length, Composition, Using Light
This course is designed to start you confidently using your camera on Manual. It will give you a solid understanding of how ANY camera works and how to best use the fundamental settings to start creating strong photographs. Theory and a lot of practice!
COURSE PLAN (by week)
ONE // ISO, White Balance & Image Quality
TWO // Aperture & Focusing Modes
THREE // Shutter Speed & Shooting Modes
FOUR // Manual Practice, Camera Modes & Light
FIVE // Focal Length & Lenses
SIX // Manual Practice & Composition (Location Walk)
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Demonstrate the use of ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed and explain the physical effect they have on the camera as well as the creative effect they have on the photograph.
- Prioritise one of the three exposure settings in order to produce a particular creative outcome for your photograph.
- Demonstrate the use of a number of other camera controls that help with the ease of camera use.
Practical Information & Equipment
- DSLR Camera You must have a camera that has these settings (S or Tv, A or Av, P, M). If you are unsure then please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help you. Please make sure your memory card is clear and battery charged.
- Spare Battery & or Charger [if you have one]
- Tripod [Tripods will be provided however if you have one you would like to use then you are welcome to bring it with you]
- Dress for the Weather: We will be spending some of the course time outside so please dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear [esp on the winter courses].
- Access and Activity: The course is held of the first floor with stair access, we will be also walking around the town so you will need to be comfortable standing/walking for around 45mins max each lesson.
- Refreshments: Water will be provided but if you wish to bring any other snacks or drinks then please feel free.
Book Your Place on one of the upcoming Photography Courses
Visit the Love Your Camera SHOP for Full Details and to Book one of the Upcoming Courses.
Have a Question?
Please feel free to contact me by emailing email@example.com should you have any questions about the course or booking.
Follow Me and Love Your Camera on Instagram